The family members you are visiting must be
- Permanently settled or
- Asylum/humanitarian protection status or
- Student or work visa.
They must also be related to you in one of the following ways
- Spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister
- Grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter
- Spouse or civil partner's father, mother, brother or sister
- Son or daughter's spouse or civil partner
- Stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
- Unmarried partner where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least the two years before the day the application is made and the relationship is genuine and subsisting
Guidance Notes for Family Visitor
- Is genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months or not exceeding 12 months.
- Intends to leave the country at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him;
- Does not intend to take employment / business in the country
- Will maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to him without recourse to public funds
- Can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
- Is not in transit to a country outside the common travel area.